|Featuring a cameo appearance by everyone's favorite blue sun.|
This time we've updated in a couple of small features that serve as a base for something a bit bigger that's coming in the future.
First we have a new window for interacting with buildings. When clicking on a building, you'll now be greeted with a lot more info than previously. The functionality remains the same currently, but you can now easily see the numerical values of building health, visibility and production, for example. Makes it a bit easier to utilize advanced strategies.
If that's not enough data for you, we're now introducing the Interplanetary Codex. It's an ever-growing in-game database of all things Interplanetary. You'll be able to use it to dig deep into building stats, for example, or just read about the real life functionality of railguns. More entries will be coming with time, so stay on the lookout!
Since we're opening the hood a little bit and letting you in on the number crunching, feel free to comment on any values that you feel should be different. We obviously appreciate outside opinions; why be in Early Access otherwise?
|Aah, more reasons to showcase the awesome 2D art.|
Interplanetary Version 0.5.4183_EAC_6
- New Building Window
- Misleading city lights removed from planet surface
- Balance changes
- Railgun damage increased
- Asteroid Diversion damage increased
- Weapon targeting angles decreased
- Projectile minimum targeting velocity decreased
- Planet speeds increased
- Non-player planet sizes increased
- Solar Laser distance from the sun decreased and standardized
- Missile homing range decreased
- Kinetic Defense range decreased
- Shield Defense range slightly decreased
- Mine visibility decreased
- Defense visibility decreased
- Science requirement for some technologies increased
- Build Energy costs increased for Mines, Defenses and Intel buildings
In Other News
You remember Whack-a-Dev, right? That's the event where members of Team Jolly Roger host games of Interplanetary and duke it out against the players. This Saturday we're changing it up a little bit with a surprise guest: the Interplanetary AI! We're letting the players to have a little sneak peek, by letting the AI do the battling for us, under our supervision.
Do note that the AI is still early in development and this is its first time in real action. The final implementation of the feature is still far away. Check out the Steam Announcement for more info!